Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rearranging to Run

Do you ever reschedule your plans to accommodate a run?

I'm less than a week out from the Surf City Half Marathon...and less than a day out from what is shaping up to be a storm of epic proportion in 29 states.

I realized this morning that today would be the only possibility for an outdoor run this week, because we'll soon be covered in ice (1 - 1.5") and snow (10 - 14") that will remain frozen for days. I had a nail appointment scheduled over my lunch hour today. I didn't even think twice about changing it to 5pm so I could squeeze in a lunch run.

It was awesome. 3.25 miles at 10K pace. It was very empowering. I felt like I was beating the storm, as the temps were dropping and the air became misty and wet. Knowing it would be the last real run before race day made it all the more enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. All.The.Time

    It's a weekly thing. I am always figuring out which days I can run based on what else is going on. And adjusting. And negotiating. And getting my miles in. It's an art!

    ReplyDelete